It’s April already? Time sure does fly. Before we know it, the kids will be grown up, and we’ll be old or dead (well, all of us will be dead in the long run…)
That brings me to April 2013’s theme for the Carnival of Aces:
THE NEXT GENERATION
How can/should people on the ace-spectrum connect to younger generations?
This theme is broad on purpose, so I hope everybody has something to say about it. Here are some suggestions:
– How might things be different for the next generation of people on the ace-spectrum? How *should* they be different?
– What might the ‘next generation’ of ace-activism be like?
– Are you the mentor/friend/aunt/uncle/guardian/parent/teacher/etc. of somebody on the ace-spectrum who is much younger than yourself? If yes, you may share your experience, whether or not you yourself are on the ace-spectrum.
– Do you have anything to say to the mentors/older friends/aunts/uncles/guardians/parents/teachers of people on the ace spectrum?
– How does being on the ace-spectrum or ace-spectrum discourse affect how you think/feel about parenting (for example, if you’ve decided to never be a parent, did being on the ace-spectrum and/or ace-spectrum discourse influence that decision)?
– Do mainstream social roles for interacting with younger generations/children (child care work, teaching, parenting, etc.) allow for being on the ace-spectrum? Are there specific challenges to taking on one of these roles while being on the ace-spectrum?
– What can/should people active in ace-spectrum communities do for people in the next generation?
– What aromantic and/or asexual themes/ideas can be found in Star Trek: Next Generation? (okay, I added this one for fun, and yes, submissions answering this question will be accepted)
These questions are just suggestions. Your submission doesn’t need to answer any of them. All your submission has to do is a) be about the ace-spectrum and b) be about the next generation or connecting with the next generation.
Your submission may be a blog post, short fiction, music, a video, cartoons, a podcast, a poem, etc. However, if your submission is not text-based, please include a transcript and/or text based description.
HOW TO SUBMIT
There are two ways to submit:
1) Leave a comment on this post.
2) Send an e-mail to AprilCarnivalOfAces@thenotes.e4ward.com – this is a temporary e-mail address, but I will keep it open until May 30 in case I make any mistakes and people need to ask me to fix them.
If you do not have your own place to host your submission, I will be happy to host guest posts.
I’m looking forward to what you all say!