I am hosting the Carnival of Aces again!
This month the theme is ‘Touch, Sensuality, and Non-Sexual Physical Intimacy’. You can submit anything which is related to this theme and being on the ace-spectrum. If you submit something non-textual (such as a picture, a video, etc.) please provide a text description and/or a transcript.
If you want some inspiration, here are a few prompts:
– As someone on the ace-spectrum, what kinds of experiences with touch have you had?
– Do you want your closest relationships to include touch? Do they already include touch, and what kind?
– What attitudes towards touch does society have? How does this impact ace-spectrum folk?
– What is the difference between sexual and non-sexual touch?
– Do you even feel pressured to engage in non-sexual touch / physical intimacy / sensuality, either within or outside of ace spaces?
If that’s not enough inspiration, here are some things which have already been written about asexuality and touch:
Things That Bother Me by Nathaniel
Differentiating sensual touch from sexual touch by Hezekiah the (meta)pianycyst
Graphing Physical and Emotional Closeness by Jo
The Physical Touch Escalator, Asexual Intimacy Is Good, and The Shifting Meanings of Physical Intimacy and Touch by the Thinking Asexual
Touch, by David Jay
Wordsmithing for Nonsexual Touch by Spade
Your submission can be like the above, or it can be completely different as long as it still fits the theme.
How to Submit
You can submit by:
1) commenting on this post
2) sending an email to DecemberCarnivalofAces@thenotes.e4ward.com – please put ‘Carnival of Aces’ in the subject. If I do not reply within 3 days, assume I did not receive your email, and try again.
I can host guest posts, and I can make guest posts anonymous if requested.
I intend to publish the round-up post on January 2nd, but since this call for submissions came a little late, I will accept submissions until January 10th and update the round-up post accordingly.
I look forward to your submissions!
UPDATE: The roundup post is here.